idiotic fallacies

"My heart is a brothel, it has many rooms." - said by a philandering character in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's books... when one simply likes too much things, this is the result..me.

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

To settle or not? Well, its all up to you.

Are you someone who will settle for less?

I forgot whether I have talk about this before already or not, but a new thought just drift in.

Actually settling for less may not be a bad thing. Yes the feeling that you have been discounted is there, however what if that's the best offer you are ever gonna get?

Also, getting less is also gaining something as well. It may not be as much as you would have envisionised but having it is at least better than not getting any right?

Ultimately it still have to be based on whether you are being truthful and be in acceptance to your feelings.

Kind of vague right? It is because it can't really be fitted into any mould, but smart alecs will know what I'm talking about. :)


***


Another thing, I realised that my male friends are utterly protective of me... too much actually. They always encourage me to date yet every time the guys I date will never match up to this ideal guy they have for me in their heads.

Usual reaction whenever they meet any of my dates:

"Sam, he's not suitable for you lah. You can do better than that."

next.

"Sam, *insert explanation* you can do better than that."


Come to think of it, none of the guys I date can never match up or come remotely close to their expectations.

Well, I guess this reaction is normal when it comes to your close buds, you just want the best for them.


To my pair of dating supervisors:

Sweethearts, just to let you know, I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself so even if the guy isn't my type according to you as long as I'm fine with it just let me be alright?

sincerely and fondly
your charge,

Samantha


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home